Hoo Zoo and Dinosaur World is a small family run zoo located on the outskirts of Telford. It offers a fun day out for all the family with a strong message about conservation.
Hoo Zoo is a family run zoo nestling in 32 acres of woodland and paddocks in the heart of rural Shropshire. The farm itself is possibly 200 years old and over the years has been a dairy farm, Christmas tree nursery an award winning farm attraction, but most of all it has been a happy home to the Dorrell family since 1988.
To provide a first class experience for all its visitors and at the same time further understanding and respect for animals. Through visitors’ funds, Hoo Zoo aims to further customers empathy towards animals and increase their efforts in helping the environment.
Hoo Zoo pursues this mission by:
- Enabling our visitors to experience a stimulating and enjoyable day out that is excellent value for money and time
- Keeping animals in modern, naturalistic enclosures in accordance with best practice
- Giving priority to species that are threatened in the wild
- Increasing public understanding of species and their welfare
- Increasing understanding of the issues involved in conservation and the breeding of endangered species
- Developing its role as a centre for research
- Promoting care for the environment through education and leading by example.
- Maintaining and developing an education programme from pre-school to KS2