For social distancing measures, Hoo Zoo is currently only accessible to customers with an online ticket.
Please ensure you are no earlier than 15 minutes before your time slot as you won’t be allowed entry.
In wet weather please wear appropriate clothing as parts of the farm will be muddy.
For the health and safety of all our customers please be aware of the following:
Safety measures will include:
– Limiting the number of visitors per day to 1/4 our normal capacity. Visitors are not allowed to visit in groups of more than 6.
– Animal talks may not take place. Experiences will still be running.
– All visitors must pre-book tickets online so we can manage numbers safely.
– Entry will be in half-hour slots throughout the day – you can stay until we close regardless of when you arrive.
– Face masks are required for our indoor areas including shop and tea room. Under 11s do not need to wear masks but it is preferred if possible.
– Card payments only, limited cash will be accepted
– Hand sanitiser points and wash stations around the zoo
– Keeper Talks will not take place.
– Cafe will offer takeaway options only, limited outdoor seating will be available.
– The indoor play areas will remain closed.
– The Lemur Walkthrough will remain closed.
– All indoor areas (such as shop and reptile areas) will be closed.
For details on our full safety measures, please refer to our frequently asked questions (FAQs) below.
We appreciate the inconvenience these measures will cause and many of these we wish we didn’t have to enforce. However, we have to abide by the current legislation in order to keep everyone safe and remain open.
We expect this to be the final update for at least a week, however government legislation is currently changing on an almost daily basis.
1. Can I visit Hoo Farm?
Hoo Farm will be reopening on the 12th April 2021. Visitors will need to prebook tickets online via www.hoofarm.com.
2. Do I need to wear a face mask at the zoo?
Facemasks are required to be worn in our indoor areas – including the shop and tea room.
4. What will the zoo’s opening hours be?
The zoo’s summer opening hours of 10am – 5pm will remain the same, but members and visitors will need to enter the zoo during the 30 minute time slot they have booked.
5. How will the café minimise risk to customers?
Our cafe will be open from 10am to 4pm but operating a takeaway service. Inside seating will be closed.
In order to maintain safe physical distancing, the following measures will be put in place:
– Our cafe queue will be partially outside
– Food will be delivered to an allocated waiting area
– Social distancing signs will be in place.
– Indoor seating will be limited.
6. Can the animals contract the virus? What are you doing to protect them?
Global experts currently do not know all of the effects COVID-19 has on humans and animals. We have been closely monitoring the situation and following the recommended guidelines provided by the UK Government and World Health Organisation (WHO). Our expert team of keepers and vets are taking every precaution to ensure the safety of all animals and staff at the zoo, and strict biosecurity measures are in place (and have been for a very long time!).
7. How can I check my membership status or renew my membership?
If you are unsure of your current membership status or wish to renew your membership, please contact our Supporter Care team in advance of your visit by emailing email@example.com
8. I have an animal experience that I need to book.
Please visit https://www.hoo-zoo.com/experience/bookexperience/ to book.
9. Have another question?
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions that have not been answered in our FAQs.