In seeking to participate in an activity conducted by Hoo Zoo Experiences
I do hereby acknowledge:
Please be aware that we continue to run experiences out of season, therefore if you wish to include a visit to Hoo Zoo, please check https://www.hoo-zoo.com/visit/opening-hours/ to avoid disappointment.
In seeking to participate in an activity conducted by Hoo Zoo Experiences I do hereby acknowledge:
1. That my general health is good and there is nothing that renders me unable to participate in this activity. If applicable I have informed Hoo Zoo Experiences – in advance of my experience – of any preexisting conditions such as (but not limited to) epilepsy, blindness, deafness, immunodeficiency or neurological issues. All experiences (excluding the Meerkat Experience and Badger Watching) are unsuitable for wheelchair users.
2. That, although Hoo Zoo Experiences will have made every effort to ensure my safety during the activity, animals are unpredictable and can cause injury or, in extreme circumstances, death.
3. Members of staff will be present during the whole experience and will be giving safety instructions. At all times I will endeavour to follow these instructions for the safety of myself and others in my group. I will not engage in any activities whilst under in the influence of alcohol or any prohibited substances.
4. Hoo Zoo reserves the right to remove or exchange any animal from the experience without notice.
5. All participants are over the minimum age for that experience (minimum ages can be seen in the experience description) and all children under 16 will need to be accompanied by a paying adult throughout.
6. Clothing instructions:
All participants must wear suitable outdoor clothing; long trousers and closed shoes are a necessity. Long sleeves are also advised. Jewellery is not advised and Hoo Zoo cannot take any responsibility for damage to clothing/jewellery during an experience. Failure to follow these clothing instructions will result in your experience being terminated and no refund given.
For any experience involving cat species (Servals etc) We ask that all participants refrain from wearing sunglasses or hats whilst in the enclosure. All participants on these experiences are asked to wear neutral colours (brown, green, black) blue jeans are also acceptable.
Each participant may take a small handbag with them; you will be asked to leave these in the door systems of each enclosure.
Photography and filming is allowed and encouraged at all times, however we do ask that all camera straps are tucked away or hung around necks as some of the cats do like to pull at them.
Hoo Zoo can be held responsible for damage to cameras, bags or their contents during the experience.
Any booking cancelled up to 7 days before will be rearranged free of charge. Cancellations between 7 days and 72 hours will incur a charge of £25 per 2 people to reschedule regardless of circumstances and are not refundable. Any cancellations less than 72 hours before cannot be rearranged and will result in the experience being lost. If your booking was made with a pre-purchased voucher, any rebooked date would have to be made before the expiry date stated. ‘No shows’ result in your experience being taken and no refund given. You must email us before the date of your experience to cancel or rearrange, this cannot be done over the phone.
8. Visiting the Zoo
Experiences sometimes take place outside of our usual opening times, please check our opening times if you wish to visit the rest of the zoo.
9. COVID-19 Additions
Most experiences will take place outside. Participants will be asked to wear latex gloves and a disposable apron throughout. Masks may be worn on some experiences.
Failure to follow the above terms will result in the experience being terminated and no refund given.